Our national survey is our annual gathering of information. We invite all schools across the UK to complete in order to help inform our work by investigating the quality and provision of PE, physical activity and school sport across primary, secondary and special schools.
The survey, which has been developed with the support of headteachers, aims to identify emerging trends across PE, physical activity and school sport. It also seeks to give schools the opportunity to benchmark their own performance against others locally and nationally.
The national suvery explores a range of issues including the:
- Amount of time dedicated to PE across all Key Stages
- Positive impact PE and school sport has on life skills
- Connection between school and community activity
- Level of engagement that school leaders/school sport practitioners encourage pupils to have with PE, sport and physical activity
- Most effective engagement activities/technique.
The most recent survey report, from January 2015, can be downloaded on the right hand side.
In addition, all of the intelligence we are able to gather from schools helps us to work with decision and policy makers. For more information about our policy work please click here.
For further information, please contact:
Impact and Research Team